[sword-devel] Deuterocanonical books / Apocrypha

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 10:04:21 MST 2014

Hi,

As a reaction on complains of some Czech Catholics that And Bible
doesn’t support reading of deuterocanonical books (and Czech Bible
modules don’t contain them at all even for translations which have them,
i.e. CzeCEP) I have started to look into it and found
http://code.google.com/p/and-bible/wiki/AlternateVersification

I am not sure whether the author of And Bible doesn’t mix together two
things ... after all the current And Bible does support av11n, doesn’t
it?

What is the “official” (or as official as possible) position of the
Sword project on deuterocanonical books / apocrypha? Do other front-ends
support them? Do we have some Catholic Bibles which would contain them?
How much this depends on the module themselves ... i.e., could it be
possible just by using some other versification create fully Catholic
Bible, i.e., with deuterocanonical texts meshed into the canonical text?

Thank you for all replies and blessings,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/, Jabber: mcepl at ceplovi.cz

Home is where ~/.bashrc is.
   -- from Usenet