[sword-devel] 1.7.2 release

Костя Маслюк kostyamaslyuk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 08:35:45 MST 2014

> I would assume this requires a change to function signatures, so it's not
going to appear in 1.7.x at all.

In your mouth it sound like that it going never appear in Sword. Patch only
add parameter with default value to one public function. There is no
problem to revert and make some work in private part of class so it will be
absolutely abi compatible.

> I haven't looked at the code, but the idea of mapping between
versification systems (not versifications of particular translations but
versification systems, as we define them) is completely ridiculous.

I know that several translations could have different markup in some places
even if they use same versification system in Sword, so it is impossible to
provide perfect result on versification system level.

I just would like to highlight that there is no technical problem to make
my solution to work on per translation level.

There is only one moment if you would like to pack with module only mapping
data excluding versification data, it would be quite difficult because we
need to add several exceptions in the code. In contrary if we pack
versification data with mapping data in module we have uniform way that
backend/frontend work with module whether it use built-in or module
supplied versification.

P.S. Chris, your suggestions are always highly, very highly appreciated,
let me know if you need more investigation or make other work, maybe i
would help to advance this.

Blessings