[sword-devel] Slovak Bible

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Sat Jan 11 10:49:34 MST 2014

While looking for something else I found out to my surprise that
we have no Slovak Bibles available. I have found on
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/Module_Requests#Latin_script_languages
this paragraph:

     Slovak translations. A member of the Go Bible Forum has
     recently posted that he has permissions for the Slovak
     Catholic translation from Spolok svätého Vojtecha (SSV_),
     Trnava, Slovakia. See_ . Login first for the direct link to
     work. This translation includes deuterocanonical books.
     Await first SWORD release that will support Alternate
     Versification.

     .. _SSV:
        http://www.ssv.sk/
     .. _See:
        http://jolon.org/vanillaforum/comments.php?DiscussionID=798

I have found (I guess) this text on
http://www.kristus.bibletop.sk/sword.zip and in its file
mods.d/svkps.conf I have found similarly sounding paragraph in
Slovak (I am Czech, and every Czech has pretty good working
knowledge of Slovak and vice versa ... languages are very
close).

As far as I know Alternate Versification is now available for
some time already (including very useful support in And Bible).

What stops us from having good Slovak text? Does anybody have
source code for the Slovak modul?

Blessings,

Matěj

Ludwig Boltzmann, who spent much of his life studying statistical
mechanics, died in 1906, by his own hand.  Paul Ehrenfest,
carrying on the work, died similarly in 1933.  Now it is our turn
to study statistical mechanics.
    -- David L. Goodstein “States of Matter”