[sword-devel] Verse mapping information

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Thu Jan 9 21:15:40 MST 2014

No, we don't have this information. There are very few translations for
which this type of data would be accurate, and almost all of those
simply use the KJV versification (or the NRSV/GNT versification). Almost
all translations with non-KJV/NRSV versifications vary in slight and
idiosyncratic ways.

We could likely create this data and reliably map between the KJV(A),
NRSV(A), MT/Leningrad, and *maybe* the Luther versifications, because
those are based on individual documents. Even those mappings would not
necessarily be reliable for other translations that claim to use those
systems.

--Chris