[sword-devel] DVCS (was Re: Project "Free Scriptures" started)

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Thu Feb 27 00:58:26 MST 2014

On 27 Feb 2014, at 3:44 am, Troy A. Griffitts <scribe at crosswire.org> wrote:

> Nic, you make it sound like I've repeatedly dropped multiple patches you've tried to submit. I hope I've not been that irresponsible.

I have both submitted patches and also emailed asking if I should submit a patch when I have modified things, and I've had no response.
I have also submitted patches that have been accepted, though! :) [ insert comment about HTML parsing :D ]

I'm happy keeping my own fork, although it does waste some of my time when I then need to manually merge things when SWORD is updated.

My only comment about "irresponsible" is that I wouldn't say that!!! I would comment that we are all volunteers and there's a big lack of time and resources. (And here I am largely thinking of myself right now! One could just as easily comment that I have been irresponsible in how long it's taken for the latest version of PS (which is late in the beta cycle) to be officially released.)
:(

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)