[sword-devel] What needed to make a SWORD module for OOYLT?

David "Judahs Shadow" Blue yudahsshadow at gmx.com
Sun Feb 23 16:43:26 MST 2014

On Friday, February 21, 2014 06:50:13 AM David Haslam wrote:
> Speaking from observations over the past few years, I think there would
be
> little interest in this.
>
> Our wiki page for Alternate Versifications is
> http://crosswire.org/wiki/Alternate_Versification
>
> I don't think anyone within CrossWire would be willing to create a new
> versification scheme for the OOYLT.
> Even if you made one, I doubt that we would ever include it in the
SWORD
> engine.

I disagree, I would think that an original order OT versification would be of
interest to some Hebrew studies. And further, I'm wondering does V11N
/really/ have to be a compile time thing? Could the verse managers be re-
factored to look for a versification in the module directory at run-time
without breaking ABI/API compatibility?