[sword-devel] Av11n modules - was Deuterocanonical books / Apocrypha

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Feb 2 09:04:53 MST 2014

Barry,

Too bad. Michael noted that many translators don't really care about versification consistency. He says that he has dozens of texts that don't neatly fit any v11n.

IIRC, Chris has an automated tool to build a versification. In Perl, I think. It takes a list of verse references and spits out a v11n as a C++ header file. This would have to be added to the SWORD code base (very easy to do) and re-compiled.

A versification is nothing more than an ordered book list and a list of chapters giving the number of verses in each. So, it is easy to construct from a list of verse references.

For JSword, I hand construct them. Very tedious to ensure they are correct.

In His service,
	DM