[sword-devel] OSIS Glosses?

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 12 01:21:49 MST 2014

It's definitely the colon where the bug occurs in the gloss text, not the
number of characters.

As a colon is the delimiter within lemma attributes (eg "strong:nnn"
"robinson:xxx"),
I guess the code for lemmas was copied more or less unaltered to the code
for glosses.

In theory, there no reason why gloss text should exclude any character, even
punctuation.
In terms of syntax, that's what makes the distinction between a lemma and a
gloss.

A lemma has to use either an implicitly defined or explicitly specified
reference work.
A gloss has no such requirement.

It's just text in general, as in the example on our wiki page.
i.e. In the line exported from the module JapMeiji.

David