[sword-devel] Sword packaging ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Wed Apr 16 00:42:09 MST 2014

On 12/04/14 09:48, Daniel Hughes wrote:
> Obviously the biggest benefit to most people is 1.7.2 packages being
> available. That should be the the first priority.

I've put a newly built set of EXPERIMENTAL Debian packages of 1.7.3 from
trunk at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/s748z00c3zxiupp/-SdnD2xcHR

If you can, (and are feeling brave) please test.  I've done a fair bit
of testing, and I thing they are OK.  Points to note:  I have had to
patch some of the utilities to meet Debian standards.  I could have
broken some of them in doing so.  I haven't tested on a clean
installation (with no Sword stuff).  Are there any unmet dependencies?
Also, since I built yesterday, there have been some commits to trunk, so
the packages won't meet the final release.

I won't be able to make packages of the final 1.7.3 until the end of
May, but if I can have some feedback before then, it will really help.
Please don't share the packages with folk who are not up to the
technicalities: if you choose to do so, I won't want to help them if it
breaks their installation!!!

God bless,        Barry.