[sword-devel] wcharToUTF8 not yet coded

John Austin gpl.programs.info at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 22:18:27 MST 2013

I've been testing the latest SWORD code for some time now, with
xulsword, on both Windows and Linux, and it's working great. But I did
just discover that Lucene searches in some non-versekey modules fail
because utilstr.cpp's wcharToUTF8() has not yet been coded. It's got
"TODO: finish this logic" in the code. So search returns incorrect
results in some modules (non-Latin dictionary and general book modules).
Maybe somebody's got a quick solution? Sorry to post another issue so
late- but I just discovered the problem yesterday and figured it's
better to mention it than not to.

But other than this, xulsword has been working very happily without
issue using SWORD 1.7, which is terrific. A new version of xulsword is
also to be released soon.

-John