[sword-devel] InstallMgr does not install modules in several conditions

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Oct 28 15:34:26 MST 2013

Installmgr attempts to install modules to your primary SWORD module folder. There is a priority order in which this folder is found. CWD is higher priority, the SWORD_PATH env variable, some other locations, and also location set in /etc/sword.conf. there's a readme somewhere with the lookup order. My guess is that it was using /etc/sword.conf and trying to install to /usr,/share/sword which you don't have permission without sudo.

Hope this helps.