[sword-devel] Forum software (was Re: mvnForum on HTTPS)

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 22 04:27:10 MST 2013

Whatever forum software we choose, we need to ensure that there are adequate
measures to prevent SPAM postings and deal with any that do manage to get
through.

The  Go Bible Forum <http://jolon.org/vanillaforum/>   uses an old version
of Vanilla.
This was set up by Jolon before CrossWire adopted Go Bible in 2008.

One advantage of Vanilla is that URLs within topics are not displayed as
links.

Another is that it is very simple to ban members who have posted SPAM, as
well as to delete their posts or comments.

Hope this helps.

David