[sword-devel] Synodal versification & IBT modules?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun May 12 19:06:48 MST 2013

JSword (Java) is quite different from SWORD (C++). But I'll give you an overview. Each module has a similar structure. There is an index file where slots have records indicating offset and size into a data file. For a Bible module, each slot represents a verse.

If the size is 0 then that indexed location is empty. A compressed module is slightly more complicated. The index consists of two parts. But the idea is the same. If the length of the data is 0, then it is empty.

Basically if you look at the chain of calls to get the raw text of a verse, it digs down and at some point it gets the data size. Our code merely bails once it gets the data size.

I can point you to our Java code, if you like, but I don't know how much that'd help.

In Him,
	DM