[sword-devel] Synodal versification & IBT modules?

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sat May 11 14:40:37 MST 2013

We have many modules whose scope does not match the versification. E.g. NT Bibles, translations with a book or two. Having an adaptive list of books based upon the modules being viewed is the way to go.

Chris Burrell added some code to JSword that allows for the quick determination of whether a verse is present in a module. He is using this in STEP to prune the v11n to only those books, chapters and verses that are actually present. On old slow hardware he reported that it is very fast to analyze an entire module.

Given that C++ is even faster than Java, I'd suggest such a mechanism for SWORD lib.

So, I concur with Chris L but for different reasons.

In Him,
	DM