[sword-devel] breakage in verse management at -r2785?

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sun Mar 10 18:20:44 MST 2013

Someone came into #xiphos to note a problem in Xiphos' operation in
recent builds.  I hadn't done much with Xiphos in some weeks, so I
updated all source and rebuilt my world.  I get a similar result as this
fellow's screenshot:

http://ompldr.org/vaHB0eg/Screenshot%20from%202013-03-10%2019:34:05.jpg

Only Gen 1 displays correctly; all other chapters are a similar mess.

Building successive Sword revisions through 2788, I found the problem
begins at 2785.

I won't even pretend to understand all that's going on in the fairly
large change to versekey.cpp, but clearly something in this area has
done some damage at this point, at least insofar as Xiphos uses it.

Can those more well-informed take a close look at what's been done at
2785 and suggest something as to what could have gone wrong here?