[sword-devel] Searching for hyphenated words?

Chris Burrell chris at burrell.me.uk
Sun Mar 3 06:36:51 MST 2013

I still think normalisation of what is searched for would be good, in that
it basically means the user sees the results that he is looking for.

I understand the concern for backwards compatibility and perhaps that means
frontends should be able to turn this normalisation off. But looking ahead,
for new front-ends, front-ends that can make rebuilding indexes part of the
upgrade to a new version and for all new downloads of frontends, this has
to be a benefit.

Not normalising, seems to me like perpetuating an existing problem into all
new downloads from this day forth. Or am I missing something?
Chris