[sword-devel] plain filters

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Jun 24 05:18:11 MST 2013

On 6/24/2013 5:05 AM, David Haslam wrote:
> Someone could easily count how many by creating a script to find out how many
> modules have
> *SourceType=PlainText*
> in the conf file.
>
> Such a script is probably a one liner in Perl.
>
> A bit more ingenuity would output a counted list of all the source types
> found in each repository.

No, that would be pretty useless since Plaintext is the default
SourceType and it's virtually never specified explicitly. There are
still Plaintext modules, but that's not relevant to the question I asked.

I'm not proposing dropping support for Plaintext modules, just querying
whether anyone uses the PLAINHTML and PLAINFootnotes filters and would
mind their removal.

Are there any modules for which these filters would function correctly?
I don't know, but it seems doubtful. We don't even offer a
PLAINFootnotes option filter option in SWMgr, nor is PLAINHTML exposed
the way that other render filters are.

--Chris