[sword-devel] Perl Bindings (was: I implore you...)

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Tue Jun 11 07:47:37 MST 2013

Thanks Greg,

Unfortunately things still do not work out.

On Mon, 2013-06-10 at 08:15 -0500, Greg Hellings wrote:

> Strange that we haven't needed to explicitly link in libstdc++ in the
> past. You can try adding, on line 27 of
> bindings/swig/perl/CMakeLists.txt and additional "-lstdc++" inside of
> the existing list. If your issue is a missing link to libstdc++ that
> might solve the issue.

I tried that. The "-lstdc++" does not filter through to
bindings/swig/package/perl/Makefile.

> Alternatively, if you are installing to a default location other
> than /usr/ you need to make sure that location is listed in
> your /etc/ld.so.conf files and that you run 'sudo ldconfig'.

I am installing routinely everything hand compiled into /usr/local to
avoid clashes with the package management system. But ld.so.conf.d
contained a link to /usr/local/lib

Peter