[sword-devel] Bible book introductions

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Jun 3 05:55:54 MST 2013

I saw that Scope was yanked from the wiki with a comment that it had been rejected. I really don't remember it being rejected. I just remember that the discussion never went anywhere so it was dropped. I documented the desire of that discussion by putting an entry into the wiki. Even if engine support is given for determining this by examining a module, it will be far slower than having a declaration in the conf. On phones (low powered devices), such discovery is much too expensive and needs to be cached on a per module basis so that it is not recomputed.

I still think that it is very needed. I'm getting tired of how such discussions go.

I'm not at all clear why NoParagraphs was added as a Feature for the frontends to use. I don't remember any discussion of it here. I don't see the need for it. A frontend can examine each and every verse to see if there is paragraphing or other such structural elements that imply paragraphing. I have no intention of using it for the KJV. At least not without community discussion and buy-in.

How is NoParagraphs any different than NoIntroductions (or Introductions) !!!!!

In Him,
	DM Smith