[sword-devel] SWORD 1.7.0 final stretch

Mark Trompell mark at foresightlinux.org
Tue Jul 16 05:04:57 MST 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> Von: "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe at crosswire.org>
>
>> Does anyone have Ubuntu installed and can try building the swig bindings to confirm or deny they have the same problem as     > Peter?  This is using autotools.  Simply compile and install sword, then cd to bindings/swig/package and follow the short    > README.  Thank for any testing.
>
> We know already that 12.04LTS  has no problems. Greg confirmed this. I have problems on 12.10 and 13.04.
>
> But:
>
> One of the most recent changes must have introduced a new problem. Running a program using the Perl bindings causes following error messages. This was not present a few iterations ago.
>
> peter at peter-ThinkPad-Twist:~/Source/sword/bindings/swig/package/python$ ~/Source/sword-tools/modules/crossreferences/xreffix.pl
> UTF8Transliterator: ICU: no resource index to load
> UTF8Transliterator: ICU: status U_MISSING_RESOURCE_ERROR
>
> Afterwards the program runs. I have not yet been able to test if there are more serious problems.

I'm seeing this for weeks, maybe longer (building with cmake, so maybe
the issue is build related), so maybe it wasn't me breaking my icu
install.
Would one need to install the ressource files somewhere? or should
they come with icu provided by my system?

--
Mark Trompell

Foresight Linux Xfce Edition
Cause your desktop should be freaking cool
(and Xfce)