[sword-devel] Strong numbers for Louis Segond

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 16 01:37:10 MST 2013

Our policy is to withdraw any module for which there is uncertainty about the
copyright status of either the whole text or the added markup.

i.e. On the precautionary principle.

The proper procedure therefore would be for a request to be sent to
Timnathserah, Inc - Canada & Editions CLE - Villeurbanne - France.

Yet the fact that we now include the DC books and use the text from
VulSearch does rather complicate matters.

It would not be within CrossWire's remit to merge the Strongs/Morph markup
with the VulSearch text.
That would create a new source text, along with the responsibilities to
maintain it.

The latter goes against our general policy for not being the
owner/maintainer of authentic source texts.
(the only exception being for the KJV module).

David