[sword-devel] SWORD 1.7.0 final stretch
Troy A. Griffitts
scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Jul 15 22:49:55 MST 2013
It seems we've all been negligent updating ChangeLog.
I've seeded it will the svn log since the last release. I spent a while
reviewing the entries and deleted about 70% of them that had to do with
"fixed this, improved that" or entries where I saw something like "added
iOS XCode Project" with a later "removed iOS XCode Project" (sorry
Anyway, we only want stuff in there that a use of the API might actually
care about reading. Each release comes with the general "lots of bugs
fixed and things optimized," so we don't need these entries.
Can I ask you to review your entries from the svn log which I've added
to ChangeLog, delete the ones I've left which you still don't think
important to include, and reformat your remaining entries into our
standard ChangeLog entry format and make the wording read a little
better than our usual svn log informalities.
On 07/16/2013 05:15 AM, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> OK, wrapping up final things for packaging up 1.7.0.
> Jaak, I've normalized ListKey for you, so you should have your
> getCount const and added getElement const and non-const methods.
> Other method names have been normalized with old names deprecated, so
> this will almost certainly cause deprecation warning in clients.
> Does anyone have Ubuntu installed and can try building the swig
> bindings to confirm or deny they have the same problem as Peter? This
> is using autotools. Simply compile and install sword, then cd to
> bindings/swig/package and follow the short README. Thank for any testing.
> On 07/12/2013 12:27 AM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:
>>> Von: "Troy A. Griffitts"<scribe at crosswire.org>
>>> Just to confirm, you're building and installing sword, then building the
>>> bindings, yes?
>>> pkg-config sword --libs
>> peter at peter-ThinkPad-Twist:~$ pkg-config sword --libs
>> -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro -L/usr/local/lib -lsword -lz -lcurl -lclucene -licui18n -licuuc -licudata -ldl -lm -licuio
>>> and also when you build the python bindings, could you send me the build
>>> output lines for the compile,
>> Please see attached build.log. The order of commands was
>> ./autogen.sh > build.log
>> ./configure >>build.log
>> make pythonswig >>build.log 2>&1
>> make python_make >>build.log 2>&1
>> I added empty lines to separate the bits, but you will recognise the relevant anyway.
>> sword-devel mailing list:sword-devel at crosswire.org
>> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sword-devel