[sword-devel] SWORD 1.7.0 final stretch

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 06:54:27 MST 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> > Gesendet: Dienstag, 09. Juli 2013 um 08:53 Uhr
> > Von: "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe at crosswire.org>
>
> > Peter, are you building with auto tools or cmake? I can look more into
> the autotools system if the problem is here. It        > doesn't seem to
> use pkgconfig to get libs and flags and I'd like to switch it to that. Just
> one suspect.
>

> Troy, your last commit fixed Perl for me. Python still fails:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "Sword.py", line 26, in <module>
>     _Sword = swig_import_helper()
>   File "Sword.py", line 18, in swig_import_helper
>     import _Sword
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_Sword.so: undefined
> symbol: ublock_getCode_48

I just built and ran the Python bindings without a problem in Ubuntu 12.10
using CMake. They installed, by default, to /usr/local/lib/python which is
not quite the correct path. It should have been /usr/local/lib/python2.7
but the module import search path is something defined and handled by
distutils, so if it's installing incorrectly then that is not a bug I can
fix.

I did have to run 'ldconfig' after adding /usr/local/lib to my
ld.conf.so.d/ files before Sword.so was able to see the
libsword-1.6.2.solibrary file. You might make sure that is correctly
run and see if there
are any missing libraries by running "ldd
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/_Sword.so".

The Perl bindings are simply not installing from CMake at the moment -
although they're trying to. I'm not sure what's the deal there. The install
command runs, and the module registers itself with Perl, pretending to be
installed. But Sword.pm never gets dropped into any destination, instead
sitting in my build tree like a good little file should. I'll keep
iterating on that.

--Greg