[sword-devel] Repositories for free and open works

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Thu Jul 11 04:47:33 MST 2013

Jaak Ristioja <jaak at ristioja.ee> writes:
> Do we have repositories of Sword modules which can be freely and
> openly distributed by everyone?

Xiphos repo exists out of a personal desire on my part quite some years
ago to be able to distribute publicly-available modules.  I hosted my
repo on my own machine at home for a couple of years, but once Xiphos
was ported to Win32, with the much larger user base, we got commercial
hosting for it so as to avoid potential overload of my residential
Comcast connection.

Most any module that will display well in most frontends is welcome to
be distributed out of ftp.xiphos.org.  It's one of the standard repos
known in masterRepoList.conf.

It's known as "Xiphos repo" only because most modules present there are
produced by people who are most closely associated with Xiphos.