[sword-devel] SWORD 1.7.0 final stretch

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 9 04:33:49 MST 2013

On 9 July 2013 03:55, Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Python bindings were packaged by Ubuntu, and I believe 1.6.2 (current
> latest) is still available for Ubuntu.

And subsequently dropped, due to failure to compile with gcc-4.7:

sword (1.6.2+dfsg-4) unstable; urgency=low

  [ Matthias Klose ]
  * Fix build failure in installed header file with GCC 4.7.
    Addresses: #667387.

  [ Dmitrijs Ledkovs ]
  * Remove python-sword swig bindings. Loads of build-time warnings (4.6)
    and errors (4.7) and the resulting module was reported not to
    work. Should be readded if/when it can be build with gcc 4.7 without
    errors. (Closes: #667387)

 -- Dmitrijs Ledkovs <xnox at debian.org>  Tue, 17 Apr 2012 21:39:11 +0100