[sword-devel] sword.js

Ryan Hiebert ryan at ryanhiebert.com
Mon Jul 8 13:56:21 MST 2013

Have you looked at untar.js?

https://code.google.com/p/bitjs/source/browse/untar.js?r=0eca1f06d91e1477e3708531939c8071fc877855

On a tangentially-related note, I've done some work on a python sword
zmodule reader. It's stalled a bit now, because I've seen
recommendations to use the C++ libraries, and just bindings to other
languages. I understand the desire, but I think that Javascript is a
good example of why that's not acceptable in all cases. For some
distribution methods, it may be necessary to have everything
implemented in a particular scripting language, such as for a
Client-side Javascript bible reader.

I think that encouraging using the C++ library is good, but it's even
more important to make sure that the file formats are well documented,
to allow alternate implementations if they are necessary.

Ryan