[sword-devel] SWORD 1.7.0 final stretch

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Jul 7 13:42:44 MST 2013

> Von: "Jaak Ristioja" <jaak at ristioja.ee>
> I guess in the future it might be worth to consider developing and
> releasing the bindings for other languages separately from the core of
> Sword.

While the bindings do not need by necessity an awful lot of ongoing development they should usually function on release. They are crucial for module makers. Also, at least one user side frontend relies on the bindings being functional.

The current trouble suggests that something is wrong in the build setup not in the actual bindings. I do not want to stop this release as too much else is hanging off it, but I am not really keen on things getting totally out of sync for all future.

Peter