[sword-devel] Versifications and verse order

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Jul 4 08:05:51 MST 2013

SWORD does not support out-of-numerical-order v11n systems, e.g., one
Bible might decide to number its verses 1,5,2,3,4,6,7.  We do not plan
to have a facility to support this.  The argument has been made on
threads-past which basically says: changing the logic of chapter/verse
from integer logic to something else would allow for this case-- indeed
GenBooks support any type of data for 2nd and 3rd hierarchy level and we
have some support to show GenBooks as Bibles-- but is it worth it?  No.
Encode this Bible like so:

$$$Bk.Ch.1
bla bla bla
$$$Bk.Ch.2
(v5) bla bla bla
$$$Bk.Ch.3
(v2) bla bla bla
$$$Bk.Ch.4
(v3) bla bla bla
$$$Bk.Ch.5
(v4) bla bla bla
$$$Bk.Ch.6
bla bla bla
$$$Bk.Ch.7
bla bla bla

Not ideal for this corner case, but not unusable.