[sword-devel] Versifications and verse order

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Jul 4 08:05:51 MST 2013

SWORD does not support out-of-numerical-order v11n systems, e.g., one
Bible might decide to number its verses 1,5,2,3,4,6,7.  We do not plan
to have a facility to support this.  The argument has been made on
threads-past which basically says: changing the logic of chapter/verse
from integer logic to something else would allow for this case-- indeed
GenBooks support any type of data for 2nd and 3rd hierarchy level and we
have some support to show GenBooks as Bibles-- but is it worth it?  No.
Encode this Bible like so:

bla bla bla
(v5) bla bla bla
(v2) bla bla bla
(v3) bla bla bla
(v4) bla bla bla
bla bla bla
bla bla bla

Not ideal for this corner case, but not unusable.