[sword-devel] Question about CMAKE build proceedures

Andrew Thule thulester at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 21:20:46 MST 2013

I'm still fairly new to using CMAKE (but liking it).  I'm finally starting
to feel comfortable with its use, but still have questions .. so if this is
a newbie question, sorry.

Using traditional "./configure; make; make install' I could simply grab a
more recent copy (of sword) via svn and make && make install.

However, I'm finding with CMAKE I have to completely blow away my cmake
build directory before I "cmake -DSWORD_BINDINGS="Perl Python" ../sword".
If I don't, I seem to get never ending compiler/build loops.

Is it generally necessary to start with a fresh cmake build directory
before make && make install?

~A