[sword-devel] Location of prebuilt lucene indexes.

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Wed Jan 23 18:43:09 MST 2013

My suggestion would be to avoid pre-built indices. However, given I'm the one who first went about making them, I think there are pros in certain situations.  :P

In my situation, I get to be gatekeeper over the entire solution (PocketSword), where users cannot change the version of clucene or libsword behind my back. And so I can be aware of when things might break (& increment my "v1" bit of the download URL of the indices).

BTW, I would strongly suggest that no one else use either the and-bible or PocketSword pre-built indices due to incompatibilities that have been explained in other posts. :)
I'd also strongly suggest that no one else creates new ones for another platform, unless it's absolutely necessary. They are messy, as you can probably gather from all these posts!  :)

Thanks, ybic
	nic...  :)