[sword-devel] Location of prebuilt lucene indexes.

David Haslam dfhmch at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 23 08:14:16 MST 2013

Hi Daniel,

I put the question to Martin Denham (the developer of And Bible).

He replied: (lightly edited by me)

And Bible's indexes are here: http://www.crosswire.org/and-bible/indices/v1/

but they are only guaranteed to work with And Bible and almost definitely
won't work with SWORD C++ front ends.

PocketSword's indices are located separately and are incompatible.

DMSmith has all the complex details on why they won't work with other apps.

I based the AB downloadable indices framework on PocketSword and here are
the developer's comments during our initial conversation:

    - clucene is version dependent, so you need to use the same version of
clucene as I am.
    - there is a different index per module version, so if a module is
updated to v1.2 from v1.1, I need to rebuild the index.
    - if a module doesn't have a version number, I've given it 0.0 as the
version number.
    - the ZIP files are named "MODULE_NAME-VERSION.zip" (eg KJV-1.3.zip)
    - the URL is http://www.crosswire.org/pocketsword/indices/v1/
    - I am planning on updating SWORD to use the latest version of clucene
at some point, which is why there is currently the "v1" in the URL -- each
time I update clucene in PocketSword, I will bump that number, so people
using the new version of PS will have new indexes, but people still on the
old version will still have the old ones available.
    - of course, if clucene is updated in PS, that new version of PS will
have to go through and delete all the old lucene folders in each of the
modules installed, as they will no longer be valid!  :)

David Haslam