[sword-devel] Trends in mobile platforms

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 14:44:05 MST 2013

On 21/01/13 18:44, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> But when not-docked, i.e. touch screen mode. The supported SDK/UI are
> Webapps or Qt 5 / QML with specific ubuntu phone touch UI components.

And just to add one more reasons why I believe Ubuntu Phone is DOA ...
notice Qt 5. Mark Shuttleworth was sounding in the Ubuntu Phone PR video
that these are just different UIs for the same OS. Except it is not true
... all those Gtk applications which currently run on plain Ubuntu need
to be completely rewritten to the new framework (and yes, those new apps
could run both on desktop and phone, but complete rewrite of apps is
required).

Matěj