[sword-devel] Method Name Normalization

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 16:30:15 MST 2013

Hi Greg,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:28 AM, Greg Hellings <greg.hellings at gmail.com>wrote:

> SWIG bindings now up-to-date.
>
> Bindings users, please holler if I removed things overzealously.
>
> I haven't tried it, but I believe that this will break BPBible for example.

As the bindings are part of SWORD, I believe it makes sense to mirror the
deprecations in the bindings somehow if possible, rather than ignoring the
deprecated definitions.
I know that's what e.g. wxPython does, but I'm not sure how it does it.

Doing this will make it easier to support both SWORD 1.6 and SVN, which I
think is desirable until a couple of versions down the road.

God Bless,
Ben
 For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone,
declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.”
Ezekiel 18:32 (ESV)