[sword-devel] CrossWire mirroring

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Sun Jan 6 14:52:00 MST 2013

Sorry for the top post, but I believe the below text (by Chris Burrell) sums things up pretty well – there is no problem with people having personal mirrors of all the CrossWire modules, for personal use only and not for public access.
However, at this point there isn't a major issue with resilience & hence there is no need at this point in time for mirrors.
If there were (in the future?), we could then discuss on this list the best way to move forward, but I believe it would then involve working on libsword to help properly handle this, code that currently doesn't exist.
That time isn't now, so we don't need to discuss how to go about this at this point in time.

Regarding public mirrors now, if ppl must have their own mirrors (cause they want one for whatever reasons?), they are free to do so as long as it's not the copyrighted material, as people have been pointing out.

However, if you _must_ have your own (legal & public) mirror, I suggest it's probably best not to publicly advertise it here! Privately inform people about them if you must.
That way we can hopefully avoid confusion for users for if they do a duckduckgo search (or google search) & find your repo & wonder why there are multiple modules of the same name, etc...

Just my random thoughts... :)

Sent from my phone, hence this email may be short...