[sword-devel] Updating copyrighted modules

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Sun Jan 6 11:33:41 MST 2013

The typical way is to ask on the list.

It is possible an old module is an orphan. There are several ways a module is orphaned:
The source for the module is no longer available.
The module maintainer is no longer willing/able/available to work on the module.

This is true regarding any module, especially non-copyrighted module.

Regarding a copyrighted module, I'll share how I became involved in being the pumpkin holder for such:
I made small contributions that demonstrated my understanding of SWORD/JSword/CrossWire's mission and purpose.
At some point the number and quality of these contributions was sufficient to warrant getting commit privs to the JSword project.
I volunteered for the KJV update and did a good job on it.
When the ESV came along, I volunteered for that.

I didn't put my name on it, nor did I on the KJV, but it is not hard to find out. I'm just the servant.

In Him,
	DM