[sword-devel] Updating copyrighted modules

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sun Jan 6 10:32:22 MST 2013

I guess this is going nowhere as so many discussions with you in the past.

1) If I mistakenly accused you of anything you have not done I am quite obviously very sorry. But so far it does not look that way, does it?

2) On the 5th of January at about 9 am GMT I sent you an email detailing the steps I took to verify that you are indeed distributing copyrighted modules, whether by accident or wilfully I did not hazard to guess.

This very detailed email was sent at roughly the same time as an email to list which gave the generic info. You should have it. In both places I asked you to take the server down and sort things. Instead of taking the server down you continued to run the server and claim you carefully vetted things that nothing was distributed which should not. By continuing with this claim, despite detailed info being sent personally to you and generic info on the list things did not get better.

Eventually you took this morning the repo down. I thanked you for that.

You still though have many other modules up for which you are essentially in the same position as you were with ours, unless you got explicit permissions.

Right now I drilled down through the IBT repo of yours with the browser and downloaded both several of the Adyge module files as also several conf files. The conf files also starkly declare the modules as copyrighted, at which point you would require a permission. If you have got one from IBT I am pleased for you. If not you got a problem. You would be then distributing illegally material owned by IBT. They might let you do so or they might pursue you. I simply warn you.

3) Wrt our rights - these are quite obviously not exclusive and you also quite obviously did not breach _our_ agreements. So there is little point to see our agreements with anyone. Your broke the law as you are not part of CrossWire and hence have no permission from anyone to publish  ISV or any other copyrighted and CrossWire restricted module I could download from your server. You also - and this is where we came in - sullied our reputation by your - however tenuous - association with us and by posting on our list links to your repos.

4) Wrt secret cabale - not so. The mailing list archive is public and it is entirely clear but to the dullest who is in charge and who is not. Your perception of having become a member of CrossWire

-------- Original-Nachricht --------