[sword-devel] filter <!P> patch

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Tue Jan 1 18:11:35 MST 2013

A search of the PS source code for "&para;" reveals no hits. Search of the current libsword that PS uses also reveals no hits. I believe PS only shows pilcrows for those modules that have them inside, such as KJV.
FYI, there is a fun comment in our display code that says:

				// paragraphing can be annoying, as different module creators can do things differently!

And it sums up my thoughts with paragraphs in the filter code & individual modules...  ;)
I'm about to do a new release of PS that tries to clean up the rather messy paragraphing in some certain modules (such as the ESV!)... [It's just been submitted & so hopefully will be live within a week?]

For example, it is not uncommon to find the following 3 situations in the produced HTML that the filters give me:

or
or

*sigh*