[sword-devel] 1.7.1 Release

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Mon Dec 30 02:26:02 MST 2013

On 12/27/2013 10:54 PM, Greg Hellings wrote:
> We are proud to announce the release of version 1.7.1 of the Sword
> engine which may now be acquired from the web server. It includes only
> bug fixes over 1.7.0.
>
> --Greg

Could we define the role of the 1.7.x branch? Is this bug fixes only? Or
are new features that maintain ABI compatibility candidates for inclusion?

Is there a planned period between releases or will they just go out
whenever it looks like there are a few new commits?

Given that there were only three simple lines of code changed in 1.7.1,
testing obviously wasn't particularly needed for this. For more
substantive changes, can we expect at least an RC or a suggestion to
test the branch HEAD?

--Chris