[sword-devel] Lexical fields

Timothy S. Nelson wayland at wayland.id.au
Sun Aug 25 17:13:31 MST 2013

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> There are a few things being mixed up here:
[snip]

 	Thanks for the clarification.

> A TEI LocalOptionFilter to put TEI fields into EntryAttributes would allow
> any TEI field to be searching on with SWORD.  We just need a rich modules to
> prompt the need to create such.

 	Is the Strongs module rich enough for that?  And I'm not sure from the
sentence above whether you wanted more than this.  I suspect some of those
Ergane glossaries could be re-engineered to be bi-directional.

> We've discussed allowing the CLucene indexes to be created on any
> EntryAttributes field, so the next step would be to determine if indexing
> these fields would be worth the effort.  My guess is that you would be <2
> second response from an unindexed search right now.

 	I'm not currently fussed about speed.

 	Also, has any consideration been given to generating statistical
data on works?  I'm thinking particularly of the frequencies of a given
word in a text, or in a portion of text.

 	Thanks,

| Name: Tim Nelson                 | Because the Creator is,        |
| E-mail: wayland at wayland.id.au    | I am                           |