[sword-devel] Generating / displaying Sword

Pola Edward 5001 at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 20 10:08:28 MST 2013

Just some Notes,
Don't forget to write in the conf file that you are using OSIS  "SourceType=OSIS"
Read the wiki here
http://crosswire.org/wiki/Main_Page

Sorry i can't get your problem as your message is truncated
From: jamie at critos.co.uk
To: sword-devel at crosswire.org
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 09:26:27 +0000
Subject: [sword-devel] Generating / displaying Sword

I’m a newbie with OSIS / Sword, so apologies if this is a dumb question or I’m posting it to the wrong place.

I’m currently converting USX to OSIS using my own processing, then using osis2mod.pl to generate Sword, and then displaying the results using Xiphos on PC.  As a test, before I start with non-English language texts, I’m working with a copy of the King
James Version, since it makes it easier to see what’s going on.  The first few hundred characters of the OSIS appear below :-

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<osis xmlns=blah>
<osisText osisIDWork='TESTKJVBible' osisRefWork='TESTKJVBible' xml:lang='en' canonical='true'>
<!-- Conversion run: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 09:09:25 +0000 -->
<header>
  <work osisWork='TESTKJVBible'></work>
</header>
     <title type='main' short='Matthew_A'>Matthew_B</title>
     <title short='Matt'> Matthew_D</title>
     <chapter>
                  <verse osisID='Matt.1.2' sID='Matt.1.2' /> Abraham begat Isaac …

(I’ve hacked this manually a bit, because I needed to distinguish the various occurrences of “Matthew” in the output to help me understand what was coming from where.)

I thought this was in line with the OSIS spec, but maybe it isn’t, because Xiphos isn’t display what I might have expected / hoped for – at least when it comes to chapter headings and titles …