[sword-devel] KJV 1611

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Thu Apr 11 13:19:11 MST 2013

On Apr 11, 2013, at 4:14 PM, "Barnes, Jeffrey" <jbarnesweb at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2013, at 1:45:52PM, DM Smith <dmsmith at crosswire.org> wrote:
>
>> I maintain the KJV 1769. This is frequently and mistakenly referred to as the 1611 version.
>>

> Most of the folks in my circles who read KJV know the difference, although many would not know the difference between 1769 and AKJV.
>
>> We'd love to have the 1611 text but have not found a suitable etext. I'm looking for one that has the long 's' which looks like an f. If you know of one, let me know.
>
> You mean U+017F? Seems like that would be a pretty easy regex. I think it's only a lower case entry that appears only if it is not the last character in a word. Any other glyphs?

Yes there are other glyphs. There is one for "and" (it is something like &) and another for "the" (an y with a e above). There are a few others but I don't remember them off the top of my head.

I think u017f is the long s (I don't have it memorized). Substituting non terminal s with it is fairly close but not quite there. A regex would not be accurate enough, imho.

In Him,
	DM