[sword-devel] SWORD v1.7 status ?
greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 09:32:10 MST 2012
The last I heard was in IRC a few weeks back when Troy said he would
like to make 1.7, but he needs to remember what all is supposed to
happen before 1.7 is released.
I know I had a few TODO items that I have finished over the past 4
weeks or so on the 1.7 release scale. These include:
1) Removing deprecated methods from the SWIG bindings
2) Completely reworking how SWIG is compiled so that the files are not
rebuilt every time a 'make' command is issued but instead only when
they need to be regenerated.
3) Landing some patches from our Debian packagers that pertain to
proper environment variable CFLAGS detection.
All of these actions items are in. Things that I know need to be done still are:
1) Troubleshoot osis2mod/filters handling of OSIS material and headers
2) Create proper test cases that will allow Troy, DM, and Chris to
test updates to osis2mod for these current problems and future issues.
- Troy has repeatedly asked people to submit these tests, but thus far
none have been forthcoming.
3) Verify XHTML filters are functioning properly. Karl just submitted
a new XHTML filter for TEI modules which had been missed in the
initial creation of the XHTML filters. These need testing and vetting,
but at the moment Xiphos is the only application configured to use
them and only in its very latest up-to-date version after Karl
receives a thumbs-up that development is good.
I'm certain there were more issues, but most of them are tied up in
mailing list threads from March-May, when we were discussing it prior
to the server crash. After the crash, nothing got started again on it,
and most of the threads are probably lost in the mists of time at the
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 5:09 AM, David Haslam <dfhmch at googlemail.com> wrote:
> What's the current status of SWORD v1.7 ?
> View this message in context: http://sword-dev.350566.n4.nabble.com/SWORD-v1-7-status-tp4651084.html
> Sent from the SWORD Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> sword-devel mailing list: sword-devel at crosswire.org
> Instructions to unsubscribe/change your settings at above page
More information about the sword-devel