[sword-devel] div type="paragraph"

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Mon Sep 17 15:06:15 MST 2012

"Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe at crosswire.org> writes:
> Eventually, I'd like to deprecate the HTMLHREF filter set, leaving
> only one (XHTML) filter set we all use in common, but I know xiphos,
> and others are still using this as the primary HTML output filter set.

It doesn't really matter, and I would be happy to move to XHTML filters
at any time, though I have bigger fish to fry and a release is not
immediately forthcoming.  We have no dependency specific to HTMLHREF so
the change would be invisible to Xiphos, other than sounding the death
knell on gtkhtml3 due to the use of <span>, which might well be a Good
Thing anyhow.

The only noticeable change I see so far in the XHTML filters is the use
of divineName -> font-variant:small-caps and wordsOfJesus -> color:red,
plus OSIS filters are preserving a few other tags on the way through.

Curiousity: There is no teixhtml.cpp.

> Again, let's remove the <!P> if xiphos no longer needs it.

I had forgotten any use of it was still there.  I just looked; it is
used to detect a new paragraph so as to insert &para; into the stream.
It is entirely specific to KJV..and frankly I just don't care.  Should
&para; be inserted by the filters directly?  If so, should it do so
specifically for KJV(-related) modules?