[sword-devel] Locale differences

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Sep 13 15:33:24 MST 2012

On 12/09/12 22:49, DM Smith wrote:

> BTW, GBF doesn't and ThML might not have OSISrefs. (ThML can, but there's no guarantee.)

FWIW, while we still have 37 GBF modules in the main repo, none of these
have cross references.

We do have 2 ThML Bibles with references - the ISV and the Swe1917. I
would think that both will sooner or later be upgraded and then probably
be an OSIS text.

Xiphos has 8 ThML commentaries and GenBooks with scripture references.

I have not yet checked any of these to see how the references are formed.

I do know that the Ndbele OSIS bible has bad references. But we do have
the USFM text for it and I simply need to sit down one day and just fix
it. Possibly also the HunUJ, if I remember correctly

In general I would think that commentaries and GenBooks are more
difficult to get right dt the often enormous size and the idiosyncrasies
of old books. On the upside, Xiphos modules get frequently updated and I
am sure it could be possible to ensure that all have a clear standard
before the option is enabled.

So, all in all, disabling free text parsing for in-module references is
an achievable target. If this means that some older installations of the
affected modules loose functionality on upgrading of the software, I am
not entirely sure if this is a huge problem. People who can upgrade
their software, can also upgrade their modules

Peter