[sword-devel] Locale differences

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Sep 12 14:05:34 MST 2012

On 12/09/12 14:51, DM Smith wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2012, at 6:10 AM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net
> <mailto:refdoc at gmx.net>> wrote:
>
>> So, Jsword's use of English as default first is simply wrong, unless
>> the user has a way of undoing that.
>
> The problem, which SWORD has also, is that the parsing routine does not
> distinguish between user input and module or application input. If we
> did, then we could skip checking OSIS.

I do not think this is correct.

There is this:

Random_reference_in_whatever_format_and_language -> OsisRef -> setting
of pointer in module and retrieval of passage.

User input is at stage 1, application input is at stage 2.

And if the application would run perfectly valid and parsed OSISrefs
retrieved from a module through a new parsing process from scratch, then
this would be a bug, no?

Peter