[sword-devel] Locale differences

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 07:52:33 MST 2012

For the record, BPBible allows the locale for book names to be selected
independently from the locale for the user interface (though it will
default to being the same).  From memory this was added to handle the case
where book names were available for another language but no one was ever
likely to translate BPBible into that language.  It seems to also have
fallback to the default SWORD book names (e.g. English).

I've considered allowing it to use book names for the module language as
well as the current locale, but have never actually implemented it and so
have not considered which way to prioritise it.  A possible issue is if you
have one reference box which controls multiple linked windows in different
languages (e.g. two Bibles or a Bible and a commentary).  Would we expect
the app to parse references in any of the languages present in any of those
windows?

Jon