[sword-devel] The poor man's interlinear

DM Smith dmsmith at crosswire.org
Mon Sep 10 08:22:36 MST 2012

While the reversal is not always possible, I think Peter's observation is correct, if I understood the thread at all.

Today, the legacy encoding has a custom TTF font that displays the text perfectly. Someone had to create that font and that font maps from the text to the glyphs.

That mapping is the only mapping that needs to be handled.

Presuming that the glyphs can be identified and all the patterns that each glyph supports can be identified, all that is needed is to map those glyphs to their unicode equivalent. That then will create a directional, transitive relationship A ===> B ===> C, such that A ===> C.

I think the real difficulty is that a non-technical solution is being sought for a technical problem. What was originally presented was: How do I create an interlinear? That wasn't the problem at all.

In Him,
	DM