[sword-devel] Mailing list archives

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 20 13:12:31 MST 2012

On 10/20/2012 12:39 PM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

> Question: dt some mistake I lost my mailing list archives. I really do
> not want to use the web interface of mailman (or nabble) for old stuff.
> Nor do I want to download millions of single month tar.gz packages.
>
> Is there a way to download the complete archives of a single list?
>
> I tried scp'ing out of mailman's home directory, but realised the
> archives are off-limits.

If you have a shell account on crosswire.org, you can grab yourself a
copy of them there on that machine in a single (long) line:

  for i in {1999..2012} ; do for j in January February March April May
June July August September October November December ; do  wget
http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/$i-$j.txt.gz ; done ; done

and then scp those anywhere you want, or stuff them into one larger
archive file with (say)

  tar cf sword-devel-archives.tar *txt.gz

and then scp that one file anywhere you want :)

Jonathan