[sword-devel] Interverse Material

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sun Oct 7 14:35:30 MST 2012

Karl,

You mentioned a few days ago that you graciously change Xiphos to use
the XHTML filter set-- thank you.
One the few tags to actually move to XHTML is for Jesus' words. Have you
assigned a style to thiis class ".wordsOfJesus".

When adding the XHTML filter set, we created a new interface method:
SWModule::getRenderHeader().  This will give you a reference CSS chunk
for the RenderText() output.  You'll notice it output from
sword/examples/cmdline/lookup now, so if you do, for example:

./lookup ESV Mat.6.1

You'll see the example CSS which you could use to render the verse.

This XHTML filter set thing is all kindof new, so feeback is certainly
welcome.  My thought was that you could include what you get from
module->getRenderFilter(), and then after that, place your own styles (I
think CSS rules mandate that later styles override earlier styles).
That way, if anything new is added i the filter, you'll get some default
behavior until you decide to customize it with your own style.

What do you think?
I hope this is the problem with the red letters.

Troy