[sword-devel] cmake python

Ben cricketc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 20:27:18 MST 2012

Hello,

A couple thoughts related to building python bindings with cmake:

1. <build dir>/bindings/swig/python/setup.py has the following line:
#!/usr/bin/python python
Looks like that should just be /usr/bin/python, or /usr/bin/env python?

2. It'd be nice to be able to install the python module to some
non-standard location, so as to not require root access or conflict with
system packages.
<source dir>/bindings/swig/python/install.cmake - I added --user to the
python setup.py install command, and that installed it just to my user
directory. That doesn't require root access, although it still might
conflict some with a system package. Another option might be to just
install the python bindings to the same custom prefix as the sword
library? Not sure what the best way is to implement this option.

-Ben